How to Improve How Your Online Ad Campaign is Viewed on Mobile
It is estimated that on average close to 4% of online page impressions for desktop formatted web pages is actually viewed on iPad, iPhone, Android-based and similar mobile devices. That portion of traffic is also quickly increasing.
However, the user experience on mobile devices and tablets is different, and as a result online ad campaigns displayed on those web pages get compromised. Sometimes the ads don't fit on the screen, or when users zoom and scroll to the content they are most interested in the ads either disappear or become pixilated. So what can be done to improve the value of this 'lost' inventory?
Another very important aspect to improve the effectiveness of campaigns viewed on mobile devices is the ad format itself. Advertisers should use alternative mobile ad formats that adapt to the zooming and scrolling behavior on touch-screen devices. Crisp Wireless invented the Adhesion ad format which stays on part of the screen at a pixel perfect resolution regardless all the zooming and scrolling. Crisp also focuses on providing an easy workflow to agencies and publishers to manage the design differences between mobile and desktop platforms while building rich media ad units and embedding video content.
When using Rich Media ad units from Crisp, all engagement metrics are available in one easy to understand report, which is properly calibrated to provide accurate stats from any mobile platform or desktop browser.
To conclude: It is possible to better leverage the mobile traffic to an online ad campaign when some fairly basic issues are addressed in the setup of the ad units. Our team at Crisp is addressing these issues in new and innovative ways. Contact them and they will tell you all about it.
Trackback URL for this post:
- Naftali Goldsmith Named One of Business Insider's Most Creative People in Mobile Advertising
- Where Google Misses the Mark for Premium Publishers
- Jason Young, CEO of Crisp Media Discusses the Future of Mobile Advertising
- 2 Billion Impressions Served!
- Jason Young, Crisp Media CEO, Discusses Advertising's Great Mobile Opportunity
- Jason Young, Crisp Media CEO, Pens Mobile Advice for Publishers: Building a Mobile Platform? Time to Burn the Boats
- Exuberant Adoption: iOS 6 will dominate rich media ad traffic by end of week
- Why Brands Shouldn't Discount the Mobile Web
- CTO Xavier Facon talks to ME about brands' engagement with advanced ad campaigns.
- Jason Young, CEO of Crisp Media Discusses Mobile Best Practices with BMA